Friday 1 February 2013

4 Minute Video Evaluation(Unfinished)


4 Minute Video Evaluation
I had to make a 4 minute video on a random topic of my choice; I chose to gather a range of clips from different films I selected and edited them to Dubstep music. I did this by syncing the clips to music in Sony Vegas, adding different effects in After Effects and adding colour correction using Magic Bullet Looks.

Some of the films I chose were; Scarface, The Matrix and Snatch. The films are a part of the Action genre; I used this genre because they would fit the aggressiveness that Dubstep music brings. I used a scene from Scarface where the main character blows through a door using a grenade launcher; this was a good choice because there was an explosion which fit the part of the song I used. I also used a scene from The Matrix where an elevator explodes, again this fits with the song that I used.

I used a range of different songs from different Dubstep artists including; Noisia and Emalkay. I used the songs from these artists because they make a lot of powerful music which went well with explosions etc from the film clips. I used Emalkay – When I Look At You, because it had a lot of slow kicks that was good to sync the fighting scene in The Matrix to.

Strengths:
I think I worked well on this project; I tried to stick to the main subject rather than drifting off into something else. What I mean by this is that I stuck to the Dubstep genre and didn’t move into a different type of music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment